AT FLORIDA CLUBHOUSE PROGRAMS
Work at a Florida Clubhouse and help members find hope and opportunities to achieve their full potential.
Available positions for Florida Clubhouses are listed below.
Young Adults Coordinator (FT)
Academy at Glengary · Sarasota, FL
Are you passionate about youth and young adults? Would you like to be part of a team dedicated to transforming lives? Do you feel a calling to be of service? The Academy might be the right place for you. www.AcademySRQ.org
The Academy at Glengary is seeking a high energy, compassionate candidate to coordinate our young adult program, for members 18 to 30 years old.
* Part-time college students and/or recent graduates are welcome to apply.
All Academy positions are hands-on, direct service roles that support the rehabilitation process of adults living with mental illness. This includes training and mentoring duties both on-site as well as at community-based employment settings. Experience working with persons with mental illness or other disabilities is preferred, although not required.
The Young Adults Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the engagement and recovery process of Academy members, ages 18 to 30 years old.
- Arrange tours and orientation for young adult applicants.
- Facilitate young adult committee.
- Co-manage the Business & Technology team.
- Work side-by-side with Academy members in all aspects of mental health Clubhouse operations.
- Coordinate Supported Education program with members enrolled or returning to higher education.
- Role model professional workplace behaviors, attitudes and relationships.
- Assume additional vocational rehabilitation responsibilities, as assigned.
OVERVIEW OF REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Applicants with college degree or currently enrolled in college are preferred. High School diploma/GED required.
- Language: Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- A passion for service and helping others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be a non-smoker both on and off site.
- Willingness to submit to alcohol and drug screen upon hiring, and random drug testing while employed.
- Pass State of Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) and local law enforcement checks.
- Valid Florida Driver's License, subject to a DMV records check and approval by Academy at Glengary, Inc., insurance carrier.
- Possess a privately owned vehicle or must be able to access locations, possibly at a moment's notice, that may not be accessed by public transportation.
Please note: This posting is an overview of job duties for advertising purposes and not intended to be a complete job description. For a complete job description, please email your request.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
- Paid Time off
- 8 paid holidays
- Health insurance (fully covered by Academy, no monthly premium for employee)
- Dental and vision insurance (optional)
- Disability and life insurance (fully covered by Academy)
- Mobile phone provided
- 401K plan with employer match
Application will consist of:
- Cover letter
- Resume (one page maximum)
- Minimum of 3 references (names and contact information)
Send hard copy or email Application packet to:
William McKeever, Director
Academy at Glengary
1819 Glengary Street
Sarasota, FL 34231
Phone inquiries are welcome, at telephone: 941-921-9936
Academy at Glengary, Inc., provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Academy at Glengary, Inc., complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.